Mental Health, feminism, and the adventures of an aspiring actress! Hiding behind books, probably. 'Have courage and be kind'

An update and #InYourCorner: 5 tiny, easy ways to support loved ones with mental health problems!

| On
21:45



Sometimes everything just gets a bit too much, and all the things you're so determined that you want to do suddenly go out of the window before you can even grasp what's happening. I feel like lately, that's what's happened to my ability and confidence to blog, and it's horrible. It's an awful feeling wanting so much to do something productive and positive about the things that are hurting you, yet feeling physically and mentally unable to start in any capacity.

An awful lot has been going on and changing for me, and it's taken it's toll quite hard. I still feel horribly guilty and disappointed in myself for not completing the Mental Health Awareness Week challenge I set for myself, but sometimes these things just happen. You can't predict or change the way your mental health might turn on you or suddenly take a nose dive and it's a terrifyingly worrying thing to try and process and cope with, but i'm learning. And, even though in all honesty it's bitterly, exhaustingly and impossibly hard to do - if i'm going to convince the world that that it's absolutely okay for things to get too much sometimes, I desperately have to start trying to apply it to myself too.



SO, it's been a little while! BUT, i'm back!! (yay!) - and, in more super exciting and positive news, I wrote a blog post for Time to Change's latest #InYourCorner campaign last week, and it's now up all shiny and new on their website!
I know i've had a couple of blogs published before, and in the grand scheme of mental health activist experiences it sounds like a tiny step, but this is the first time ever that i've had a blog published on the official Time to Change website and the first time my parents have ever read one of my written pieces, so it's really exciting for me and if you'd like to take a peek i'd absolutely love you forever!

Have a read of '5 simple ways to support a mate with a mental health problem' here!

There's a follow-up blog post on the wonderful people who've supported me and been #InMyCorner coming soon too, but for now I really hope the post helps show just how easy it can be to support people you love when they're struggling - trying to support the people you love when things are rough can feel horribly scary and daunting, but it doesn't have to be about intense talks and huge gestures. No matter what might be going on, all you truly need to be in someones corner is love, patience and kindness. It's really that simple I promise. <3

In another little bit of exciting news, i've finally got round to fully setting up my Bloglovin account! So if you want to give me a little follow, you know what to do!


Love always,
Rachel x
Be First to Post Comment !
Post a Comment

EMOTICON
Klik the button below to show emoticons and the its code
Hide Emoticon
Show Emoticon
:D
 
:)
 
:h
 
:a
 
:e
 
:f
 
:p
 
:v
 
:i
 
:j
 
:k
 
:(
 
:c
 
:n
 
:z
 
:g
 
:q
 
:r
 
:s
:t
 
:o
 
:x
 
:w
 
:m
 
:y
 
:b
 
:1
 
:2
 
:3
 
:4
 
:5
:6
 
:7
 
:8
 
:9